The Institute is supporting this scheme by asking its members to consider taking part in this and supporting students in their professional development.
The EDRF supported ‘Durham Internships and Collaborative Enterprise’ (DICE) project aims to provide business growth in small or medium enterprises (SMEs) based in County Durham. If you are an SME based in Durham with an interest in enhancing your business through the support of a student or graduate intern, or looking to research or develop new products or services for your business, then you might be interested in the Durham SME internship programme.
Project offer from Durham University
– Benefit from the up to date knowledge and high-level skills of a Durham University student or graduate
– Eligible SMEs will be given 50/50 match funding for a full-time or part-time paid internship up to 12 months (based on a salary of a minimum £18,500 per annum)
– Full support with the recruitment and selection process
– Guidance on all information that must be retained under ERDF guidelines.
To be eligible you must:
– Be an SME as defined by the EU (up to 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million). This includes social enterprises engaged in economic activity.
– You must be based within County Durham
– Most business sectors are eligible but there may be some restrictions
For further information on this scheme please see the ‘Guidance for Employers’ document.
For more information on the scheme please see Durham SME Internship website or contact the programme manager at: SME.Internships@durham.ac.uk