Assistant Event Operator
Event organisers are responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. Events can include
• exhibitions and fairs
• live bands / music events
• promotions and product launches
• fundraising and social events
Ideally suited for someone looking to get into the events business or learning the trade.
The role of event organiser is hands-on and often involves working as part of a team. Event organisers must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail. Must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event.
• researching markets to identify opportunities for events hosted at the mining institute
• liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements
• producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
• coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
• identifying and securing speakers or special guests
• planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations
• selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners
• preparing delegate packs and papers
• liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event
• liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage
• coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
• overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently
• Reporting to The Events Manager or Business Manager
Advertise, handle and secure room bookings at the mining institute. Primarily focused on specialist one-off events.
Handle events and clients.
Assist with the delivery of events in a team.
Assist The Events Manager running the events.
Comfortable with selling and assisting a team based effort.
Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Outgoing and friendly.
Usually at night or the weekends for when events are ran but it is variable depending when you are available. Most research can be done at home.