The website content manager will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organisation’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with staff to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The website content manager will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. The content manager will work closely with the librarian, business manager, and members of our organisation, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing in websites.
• Create, develop and manage content for organisation’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
• Coordinate web projects across departments
• Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
• Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
• Copyedit and proofread all web content
• Oversee content writers, including writers, copyeditors and volunteers
• Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
• Track and report on all site metrics
• Work cooperatively with key volunteers, staff and members
• Reporting to IT Manger and Systems Administrator
Update and develop the mining institute website. Updating articles, creating menus, updating the web calendar and events. Update and create graphics, upload images, manage PDF files, web archives.
Comfortable using ICT.
Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
Outgoing and friendly.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
Knowledge of HTML, meta tags and experience with content management systems
No minimum time commitment. Usually two 4-hour periods per week but it is variable depending when you are available.